Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Mothers Day

I woke up this morning feeling just terrible. I believe I just have a sinus infection but I was feeling miserable. My honey had to work so it was just me and the kids today. I actually went back to bed after Chad left for work at 7:45 and didn't wake up until 10:30. Needless to say we didn't make it to church.

I did enjoy my day though. Warren was anxious to make me breakfast but because it was almost lunch time before I was hungry he made me a turkey sandwich and said Happy Mothers Day. It was a great sandwich. He trys very hard to make me happy each day but especially on important days like today.

Makenzie woke up very sore after pitching 6 innings yesterday. But we rubbed some icy hot on it and have just been trying to ice her most of the day. She is a trooper and usually doesn't complain to much about being sore from softball so if she says she is hurting it must be bad. Alex didn't get home from his baseball tournament until about 1:30 this morning so I let him sleep in too.

After everyone was awake and I was feeling better we decided to take a short hike up to Copper Creek Falls. It is only about 2 miles up the road and the falls are beautiful. We love to go their and hike the trail. It is one of my favorite spots in the area. I took some pictures but havent figured out how to upload them yet so I will try to post them soon.

After our hike we had dinner and then Alex and I went out and threw the baseball around for about 45 minutes. As we were coming in we noticed that a hummingbird was trapped in our garage and was unable to find its way out. As Alex was trying to guide it out the door with his baseball glove it just stopped flying and landed on his glove. I got a picture of it. I will post that soon too. Anyway, he just held his glove out and walked out the garage door with it and then it flew away.

I missed having Chad with us today but otherwise it was a great day. I love my family and enjoy days like this when I have them all to myself. I will cherish these days...especially as the kids get older. Alex will be a Senior next year so I theoretically could only have him home for one more year. Makes me sad to even think about it.

Hope you all enjoyed this mother day with your families.

Til next time,
The Carles

1 comment:

  1. Happy (late) Mother's Day! Too bad you weren't feeling the best. (To answer your question about captions under the pictures, you just type normally either above or below your pictures to let others know what they are.)

    ReplyDelete

OUR FAMILY....A FOREVER FAMILY!!!